Sunday, February 28, 2010

Akmal undeterred by match-fixing allegations

Karachi: Accused of match-fixing, Pakistan's wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal, Sunday said he is not bothered by the allegations and is focussing on his game to give his best in the World Twenty20 championship beginning April 30 in the West Indies.

The former Pakistan vice-captain said here at the National Stadium that such damaging reports are being spread by elements seeking to destabilise Pakistan cricket.

"These false reports do not bother me and I will continue to focus on my game. I want to give my best performance for my country," said the Lahore-based Akmal who is here to feature in the National Twenty20 championship which began here Sunday.

However, Akmal made it clear that he might consider suing the media organisations which accused him of being involved in match-fixing.

"It is a huge allegation and I will decide on my response after discussing the issue with my lawyer and the Pakistan Cricket Board."

Media reports over the last couple of days have suggested that Akmal and experienced Pakistan all-rounder Rana Naved-ul-Hasan are under investigation for match-fixing.

Rana Naved has also strongly denied the accusation and has threatened to take legal action over the issue.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

Sports Newz © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO